In the past few years, I've put my Christmas village up at Thanksgiving time and renamed it a "Holiday Village". That way we can enjoy it longer! Besides all the stores have Christmas up in September now anyway! By the way, we had the Thanksgiving parade on the tv, hence Kung Fu Panda!
Katelyn's village-funny, but she seems to add more and more pieces to her display every year too! Hmmm..
Grandpa & Katelyn on Thanksgiving Day~
Mommy & Katelyn~
A turkey makes the turkey!!
The table is set~
My brother, Chad, and Shane & Gina also joined us for Thanksgiving dinner.
We treated Grandpa to The Nature & Science Museum during his visit. We were able to take in a special exhibit about the Amazon. It was very interesting, but I'm thankful to live in the good 'ol U.S.of A!! I think as Americans we take so much for granted, and it's not until we realize how other people live, that we are reminded to truly appreciate all of our blessings!
Dressing up like an Amazonian pink river dolphin~
Here Katelyn and several other kids are trying to lift a life-size anaconda that, while stuffed, weighs the same as a real anaconda.
These snakes are enormous! We were told by one of the docents that some fools actually smuggled anacondas into Florida where they are thriving. As if alligators weren't scary enough, now we have to be aware of anacondas in the swamps! Seriously??!
Of course we visited "Prehistoric Journey"-I mean come on, do dinosaurs ever get boring?!!
Jus' chillin..
1 comment:
I wish my dad was like yours. Katelyn is one lucky girl to have a Grandfather who adores her so much. And seriously, Anacondas?
Post a Comment