Mike & Katelyn treated me to something very special for Mothers's Day this year. We went to The Colorado Opera's production of "Cinderella". Sung entirely in Italian, I wasn't sure if Katelyn would enjoy the opera, but I wanted to give her the experience anyway. Well, Katelyn was absolutely mesmerized! She had no trouble reading the English prompter(and I mean the vocabulary was hard!-she only asked for assistance a few times). The first half of the opera was over 1 1/2 hours, & at intermission I told her it would be alright if she wanted to leave early. "NO, I LOVE IT," she told me. Bravo!! What about Mike, you ask?? Well somehow he managed to sleep through the entire opera-obviously NOT his thing!HA! As for me, I was blown away & I can't wait for the next child-friendly production, so Katelyn & I can have a special mom-n-me date! Magnifico!!
La mia bella figlia!

Katelyn being escorted to the opera by her dad-precious~

I just love this picture of Katelyn & her dad!



1 comment:
I love the pics of Katelyn and Mike walking arm in arm. She is one lucky girl to have a Dad who adores her so much. All girls should be so lucky!
Post a Comment