Saturday, July 2, 2011

Do I even remember how to do this??

Well, here I am back in blogger land. It's been a LONG time since I've had the time or the energy to blog, my friends. But I think I'm finally getting my mo-jo back! Working full-time last year sapped all my energy for any personal recreational activities I enjoy such as reading, blogging, socializing etc. When I wasn't at work, all I had time for was housework, shopping, cooking, and shuffling Katelyn to her various activities after school & on the weekends. And truthfully, when I did have down-time, I just wanted to be one with my couch, and do nothing that required too much thought. Those of you who work full-time outside the home know what I'm talking about-& when you're a mama, it's equal to having 2 full-time jobs! But since I'm only working 2 days a week next year at Quest, I decided to try my hand at blogging again & see if I can get my groove back!! Blogging is cathartic for me & I have really missed it!

So rather than try to play catch-up, I'm just going to start with the latest & blog about other events that happened in the last year when I choose to-how's that for moxie! My blog-my rules!!

Yesterday Katelyn & I went to "The Real Pirates" exhibit at The Nature & Science Museum. We were both very impressed with the exhibit, but my little pirate was especially captivated! Katelyn has had a thing for pirates since she was pretty little. In fact, her 4th birthday party was even a pirate theme. She still dresses up in the same pirate costume she wore to her 4th birthday party. And she's a virtual walking encyclopedia of pirate fact & fiction, just in case you ever need a resource. Since our visit to the museum yesterday, we have been "playing pirate" non-stop: Katelyn is of course the ship's captain, I am the quartermaster("because I'm good at reading & writing"), and dad is the helmsman(the person who steers the ship). We have been "bartering" our "booty", burying our treasure, and deciding various punishments for any renegade crewsmen and/or resistant captives. Piracy is quite exhausting work!


Katelyn was fascinated by "real pirate", 9 yr. old John King.

How d'you do Capt'n?

Hmmmm...

Arrgghhh...

2 comments:

Tera said...

If you could see me right now you would see me dancing a little jig around my family room! Your back! Your back! Happy days are here again!

I can just imagine all the pirate play at your house right now. Sounds like a great time!

Keep blogging. I can't wait to read what you write and look at your pics!

Katie said...

Glad to see you are back, and that you have time and energy for yourself again!! I have been trying to update my blog, too, but I'm trying to catch up. I am up to May now...