Saturday, May 29, 2010

A green thumb??

Well, not really. It's just that I love flowers--to me they make a yard beautiful and peaceful. So last week Katelyn & I spent several hours planting flower gardens. It was a lot of fun to shop at Home Depot together picking out many different kinds and colors of flowers: snapdragons, petunias, zinnias, marigolds...

To be honest, I'm not into yard maintenance at all. We hire neighbor boys to mow our yard, take out the weeds, etc. Mike takes care of the fertilizing, watering, etc. I just plant flowers, that's all I want to do.

Katelyn really enjoys planting flowers too!


Mike planted raspberry bushes 3 years ago and this is the 1st year we're actually getting raspberries. I'm SO excited-Katelyn & I eat fresh berries everyday & the price of raspberries at the grocery store is ridiculous! I'll just have to get to them before the birds do!!!



Katelyn loves her sand & water table and played happily while I planted flowers.

And on her playset...


1 comment:

Tera said...

You have a beautifully landscaped backyard. Planting flowers together is such a wonderful way to spend the day!