Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Happy Easter 2010~

We had a wonderful Easter this year. Grandma Julie was in town for a visit and we enjoyed our time with her. My mom really enjoys playing with Katelyn when she's here. The two of them spend some quality time playing games or reading books while I'm getting ready in the morning, cooking, or just doing some daily chores. I'm very glad that Katelyn will have these special memories of time spent with her Grandma. My mom is very sick with advanced kidney disease and I'm not sure how much longer we'll have her with us.

On Easter morning, Katelyn was excited to find that the Easter Bunny had paid her a visit! She had very carefully written the Easter Bunny a letter detailing just what she'd like him to bring her. From the photos below, I don't think she was disappointed!!

After Katelyn opened her gifts from the Easter Bunny, we had a small breakfast, and got ready to leave for church. Our pastor, Pastor Scott, has been with our congregation not quite a year yet, and I just love him. He is a very educated man and a good teacher-I've learned a lot from him. Pastor Scott has helped me grow in my faith and understanding of the scriptures. But what I admire about him the most is that he doesn't just "talk the talk", but his actions speak louder than his sermons(which I also love by the way!)

As is our tradition(since my childhood days)we went out to lunch after Easter church service. In keeping with tradition, I searched for an Easter brunch/buffet, but I struck out. So since Michael, Jr. had to work on Easter, he invited us to Ft. Collins to eat at the restaurant he manages, Carrabba's Italian Grill. Now Italian food isn't exactly what I think of for an Easter dinner, but it meant a lot to Michael that we come to his restaurant so we weren't going to disappoint him! After a good lunch, we headed for home and I'm not a bit ashamed to admit that we ended the afternoon with a NAP!!!

Happy Easter Katelyn!!

WOW!! This is just what I asked for!!

"Wow, mom, my very own Zhu-Zhu pets!"

Josie was quite intrigued with the Zhu-Zhu pets too!

Of course we found time Easter weekend to color eggs too!

No comments: