I'm very excited about the summer I have planned for Katelyn and I!! We have so much to look forward to: T-Ball, swim lessons, playdates, movies, a vacation in KC with my dad and dear friends, trips to the museum, zoo, library, and rollerskating, vacation bible school, and the list goes on...I will make the most of our time together. For I know that this summer will fly by, and in August my attention will turn to beginning a new job and getting Katelyn ready to start 1st grade.
Good-bye Children's House: I will always be grateful for the excellent preschool & kindergarten education that Katelyn received there.
Happy children skipping, running, walking down a trail at Sandstone Ranch.
The barn and beautiful mountain view...
Katelyn "milking" Emma the cow. Water squirted from "her" udders-pretty cool actually.
Some geese go for a swim in a lake-Sandstone Bluff in the background.
Katelyn kneading bread dough. Bread was baked from the dough that the children kneaded-the old farm house filled with the smell of baking bread. YUM!
Katelyn working an old-fashioned butter churn. Did you know that if you shake or stir heavy whipping cream long enough, you will make real butter. Amazing!
A smile is worth a thousand words...
The children played games, explored the farm, touched animal pelts, and guessed bird calls. At the end of the visit we ate the warm bread and butter that the children had made-it was SO delicious. Sarah Lee has nothin on home-made bread, but I realize if we baked homemade bread at our house, I'd be in real trouble!!!
After the field trip, we returned to school, said our good-byes, gave gifts to all the teachers, shared hugs and lots of fond sentiment, and took some farewll snapshots. Yes, it feels like something has ended, but I think we're ready to embrace a new beginning...
1 comment:
I'm so proud of you for not crying. I almost don't believe it...
This ranch looks amazing. You'll have to share all the details, I've got to take my kids there. You know what else we need to plan to do this summer? The Berry Patch! I'd almost forgot!
Post a Comment