Saturday, May 15, 2010

A trip to the Butterfly Pavilion

Katelyn and I have visited the Butterfly Pavilion in Westminster, CO a half a dozen times or so. On April 9th, we had the opportunity to go on a field trip with her class. The Butterfly Pavilion is an educational showcase for many types of insects, spiders, sea creatures, and well of course butterflies!! As you walk through the enclosed rainforest habitat, over 1,200 different types of butterflies fly around you and if you're lucky one might just land on you too!!! It's truly an amazing experience, one I enjoy every time we go!!

Katelyn & a few of her classmates in front of a Praying Mantis sculpture!

Katelyn getting ready to hold "Rosie" the tarantula for the first time!(Mom held Rosie for the first time too:)

Here comes Rosie...

The "Owl Butterfly" is really cool!

Learning about the butterfly life cycle

Working with one of the docents




As I've said before, I feel very fortunate to live in a city full of fun things to do with kids! I'm sure this wasn't our last visit to the Butterfly Pavilion either;)

No comments: