Katelyn in front of the museum
The Denver Art Museum features mostly contemporary pieces
Katelyn standing in front of the one and only Monet in the museum. Katelyn had studied Monet at school & was eager to see his work.
Resting on a turtle sculpture in the children's area-one place where the kids are allowed to touch stuff!!
Even though I was glad to take Katelyn to the Denver Art Museum, it wasn't my favorite collection, and I think Katelyn was a bit disappointed as well. My taste leans more toward European Art, not Contemporary style. Plus it's hard to be impressed by anyone's collection when you're from Kansas City, home of the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art which is recognized internationally as one of the finest art museums in the United States. I equate the Nelson-Atkins Art Museum to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science-there's no way you can see everything in one day. One of these summers when we go back to K.C. for a visit, I'll have to make sure to put the Nelson on our list of things to do!! Maybe Grandpa Tom would like to come along??!
No comments:
Post a Comment