We had a wonderful lunch before the play began. I had the BDT's "famed" Chicken Cordon Bleu, Mike had the prime rib, and Katelyn had a child's plate with mac-n-cheese, chicken fingers, cinnamon apples & vegies. The food was excellent!! Of course we had to splurge a little and have dessert at intermission: strawberry cheesecake for Mike & I, and chocolate cake for Katelyn! You only live once!
I love going to the theater and it would seem that Katelyn does too. The BDT's production of Peter Pan was incredible. I was blown away by the high calibor of acting and singing. The Boulder playhouse has been around a long time; I remember going there with my mother and grandmother as a teen. And while it may not be the fanciest place, the quality of the food, acting, service, and the value can not be beat!! Katelyn loved the show and was just mesmerized-I'm not sure what's more fun for me: watching the play or watching her little face light up!!
Katelyn loves to read the actor descriptions in the playbill. So on Sunday while we were reading about the actors, I was very surprised to discover that the young man playing "John" was an honor student at Carbon Valley Academy(our new school). THEN I noticed his last name was the same as one of the gals I'll be teaching 2nd grade with next year. And sure enough during intermission Sheila, my teaching partner and her son, came over to our table to say "hello". Talk about a small world!
On the way home from the play, Katelyn announced that she would really like to be in a play too. I asked her, "Wouldn't you be nervous on stage in front of all those people?" To which she responded, "No way, mom!" So, looks like I'll be doing a little research into children's theater companies. How exciting-I can see it now: one day when Katelyn's accepting the Oscar for some movie, she'll be saying..."I'd like to thank the Academy blah, blah, blah...but most of all I'd like to thank my mom for always believing in me & encouraging my dreams..."
Well, stranger things have happened:)
1 comment:
Katelyn is a very artistically exposed little girl! She is blessed! I always get the cordon blue at the BDT too! Yes, the BDT is older and not as upscale but I think that because it is so small and you are so close to the stage it makes it more intimate and the play more personal and real. I love the BDT. WE have been there 3 times and I plan to go many more!
Post a Comment