Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wrapped Around Every Finger & Toe!!

Today Katelyn's been home from school with a "back-to-school" cold. Yep, this is only her 2nd week of school, and she's already got a little cold. MAN! Anyway, while I was in taking my shower, Katelyn decided to try on my clothes that were laid out on my bed. When I opened the door from our bathroom to the bedroom this is what I saw:

So laughing I say to her: "Katelyn, you silly puppy,(that's right, my kid thinks she's a dog)what are you doing in my clothes!!?"
To which she replys(also laughing): "I just wanted to be like you, Mommy!!" Oh, my heart!! My little girl knows how to pull at every one of my heartstrings and like the title of this blog~she has me wrapped firmly around every one of her little fingers and toes!

So of course I did what any mother would do, I ran downstairs to grab my camera!

So I go back into the bathroom to put on a little makeup and hear her call my name. I look out and there she is wrapped up in my runner. Had to take another picture, of course! Oh and puppy, I think you're well enough to go to school tomorrow!

4 comments:

Katie said...

It seems like that is always how it works-- you send them to school and they should have stayed home. If you keep them home, they would have been fine at school. What a sweet way to spend the day, though!

Shillawna said...

What a cutie pie! She is so funny!

Tera said...

Is there any wonder that Katelyn feels so loved? She has you for a mom, why wouldn't she want to be just like you!

Cara said...

Katelyn is a silly puppy! So glad you took these pictures and blogged about your daughter trying on your clothes. She wants to be just like you, Shell, and with any luck she will be and I'm grateful. That means the world will have another you! I love you.