Friday, September 25, 2009

W.O.W Children's Museum

Today Katelyn had her first field trip of the new school year. I feel so blessed to have a flexible schedule so that I can go on her field trips with her. I just don't want to miss anything that I have the opportunity to be a part of! And besides I love the smile she gets on her face when she tells the other kids that her mom is going on the field trip. Her face just lights up!!

The W.O.W Children's Museum, in Lafayette, CO, is a wonderful hands-on museum for young children. Katelyn has been several times, and knows her way around the museum with ease & comfortability. Some of the exhibits are permanent like the life-size pirate ship, the stage for dress-up & dancing, the sandbox, music room, etc. But the museum also offers temporary interactive exhibits from time to time. Katelyn's favorite things to do are: dress up in animal costumes, "perform" a show on the stage, and play on the pirate ship.

All aboard!

Making giant bubbles

Learning about money

That's one cute leopard!

Or dinosaur!

And of course a PUPPY!!

Shiver me timbers!

Ahoy Matey!!

2 comments:

Tera said...

Well, she makes the cutest puppy ever! How's that puppy coming along by the way? You are very lucky (and so is Katelyn) to get to go on her field trips. That is something I feel bad about not being able to do (Lauren's school doesn't allow younger siblings to come to field trips and with always having nursing babies etc....) I hope they'll forgive me someday and that I'll be able to forgive myself for not going. You are the best for not wanting to miss one moment of Katelyn's childhood. You'll have no regrets, that's for sure; and who can hope for anything more than that!

Shillawna said...

I always wanted my mom to come on field trips with me when I was in school but never had the opportunity. I understand how important that is to a child and how exciting it is. Is this the same Children's Museum we went to? That is such a wonderful place!