Although I have never waivered in my faith, I have struggled with what church to belong to. At Lutheran Church of Hope (ELCA), I feel like I've found the right place to grow as a Christian, and also to help my daughter develop, grow & learn in her faith. I know in my heart that GOD really doesn't care which church you go to so long as you go. LCH is a very loving, accepting, & open community of people. I also know that in order to get the most out of going to church you have to get involved, one of the reasons I decided to teach Sunday School. My main reason for teaching Sunday School is so I "can lead by example" for Katelyn. Afterall, isn't that what we as Christians are really doing when we take our children to church? We're teaching them WHY we go to church, WHO we are praying to, WHAT we are praying about, HOW to behave in church, and so on. It's as much my parental responsibility to guide Katelyn in her faith as it is to make sure she goes to school, or eat nutritious foods, or learn how to play nicely with others. Anyway, here's a few snapshots from the day:
There was a lot of food to choose from, but alas Katelyn found the cookies!
Anna & Katelyn
Getting ready for the Bunny Hop!
On your marks, get set, GO!!
We have a WINNER ladies & gentlemen!!
2 comments:
Sounds like a really fun day.
You are right, it is our responsiblity to care for our children's physical bodies, as much as it is our responsibility to care of their their souls as well. I believe we will answer to God one day on how well we did both of these things. I don't think we should ever take lightly the responsibility we have been entrusted of raising these sweet little ones.
I can tell from the pictures that Katelyn had a great day. Looks like the weather was optimal, too!
Congrats on your winning red ribbon, Sweetheart!
Post a Comment