We are fortunate enough to live within driving distance of 2 new libraries and also the College Hill Library which has a wonderful children's section. All of them offer wonderful free programs throughout the year. This past summer we saw a one-man show about Johnny Appleseed and another show where a lady sang silly songs. This fall the College Hill Library has some really neat programs coming up too: "Marvelous Mammals" with the Denver Zoo, Puppet Theatre, Mad Science: Fire & Ice, Working Model Train Show, and my personal favorite R.E.A.D. Dogs. Your child gets to read aloud to Tallulah the dog & her trainer, Carolyn.~You know Katelyn will be thrilled!! ALL FREE!
If you think about it, the library is one of the last "free" places. I say "free" because if you're late returning your items you'll probably get fined. I owed $0.80 today. Oh well. If I had to go back and actually buy all the books, CD's, & DVD's that Katelyn and I have borrowed in the last 5 years, we'd be in the poor house. So I'm grateful for libraries just like I'm grateful for parks, another "free" place I can take my daughter where I know she'll learn and have a good time.
The word LIBRARY was one of the first words Katelyn could read
You do?? Really??
There are other fun things to do at the library too!
And when you get home, you can dress up as a cheerleader & listen to the new books- on-tape that you borrowed from the library.
And your cat, Josie Marie, might want to join you...
But she'd probably rather listen to a book about cats!!
2 comments:
I love this post about libraries. I'm so glad we have libraries, and that they are free. You are right in saying that they are one of the last free places around.
I didn't know that your little girl loved dogs...Never heard that before. Just kidding!
I have many warm memories of going to the library when I was a child. So now, when I take my kids, I automatically feel peaceful and nostalgic. I love how quiet libraries are.
Loved the pics of Katelyn listening to books in a cheerleading outfit! Has she met Brynna?
Post a Comment