Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 2- Magic Kingdom



Magic Kingdom is, well, magical!! We had so much fun, despite the hot weather. Let me back up-the day started with Katelyn waking up at about 7:30 and exclaiming, "It's morning!!" "Today's Disney World!" "Get up mommy!" So I did. I dragged my sorry self to the shower, and when I was done I paused to hear the little excited voice that had so joyfully awoken moi! But, alas, she was sound asleep! For another 2 hours, mind you!! The little stinker!

When you actually arrive inside the park, you are on Mainstreet, U.S.A.. It reminds you of a small town circa 1900 or so. Katelyn of course wanted to go in EVERY store, but I told her we'd wait until the end of the day because I wasn't lugging anything else around. We did, however, purchase her "Minnie Mouse" ears which she proudly wore most of the day and a water bottle/fan thing which was more handy than I could have anticipated at the time! (We will not be making another summer Zoo trip without that water bottle-wish I had invented it, cha-ching!!!)

After you walk thru Mainstreet, you find yourself standing right in front of Cinderella's castle-it is so awesome! Every little girl's fantasy come true(and every big girl's for that matter!) We decided to go to the right and ended up in "Tomorrowland". The highlight's there were Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (daddy racked up enough points to be a "Ranger, 1st class-way to go dude!) We also did the Monster, Inc. show which Katelyn loved, Lilo & Stitch's Great Escape which I thought would scare Katie, but didn't. You're in the dark for much of the ride and she's afraid of the dark, but she was awesome, brave little thing! Next, we made our way around the park; toured Minnie's house which absolutely delighted Katelyn. It was so cool to me because she really and truly believes that was Minnie's house. I love how innocent she is. I love that she still believes in fairytales, magic, and that all her cartoon characters are absolutely real. It's the best! It's what makes a trip to Disney WOrld SO much fun!!! Anyway, Katie wanted her face painted like Pluto so we did that too. When we were about to get on the Madhatter Teacup ride, I asked Katelyn if she was having a good time. Her reply, "We're never going to leave here!" I'll take that as a yes! (note to self: the Madhatter teacup ride made you sick to your stomach & gave you a bad headache-never again!!!)

After lunch, we made our way around the park and ended up in Frontierland and Adventureland. Katelyn LOVED Splash Mountain and the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad-the little thrill-seeker!! Daddy joined us for the Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean. (Mike can't do rollercoasters.) We were having so much fun, but it was getting late, so we realized that we couldn't do the whole park in 1 day and would return next week. Tomorrow-Sea World!!

1 comment:

Tera said...

You are right about the magic of Disney. There really is no other explanation other than "magical". Even as an adult, I can't help but get excited when we go to Disneyland and I can still feel the magic myself. I had to laugh that Katelyn woke you up and then went back to sleep! She just wanted to make sure you were all showered and that she wasn't having to sit around and wait for you when she was ready to go! She's learned already!