It's no secret that every year I stress myself out hoping to make Katelyn's birthday extra special for her. Why shouldn't I? After all, her "birth" day was the most important day of my life so I want to celebrate!! And I want her to feel as special as she truly is!! This year I think I got it just right!!
On her birthday( a Thursday this year) I let Katelyn choose her activities for the day! So after waking up, leisurely I might add, Katelyn bounded down the stairs to open her presents from mom, dad, & brother Michael. She was delighted with the new Wii & assorted games. I let her choose the days activities & she chose, what else Build-A-Bear!! Thanks to Grandma for sending some money to spend!! After Build-A-Bear I let Katelyn decide where we should have lunch: California Pizza Kitchen, Chili's, Mimi's Cafe, but of course she chose McDONALD's!! What is it with that place?? (I think they have some sort of magnetic force field that just pulls our kids toward those golden arches!!-nah, it's really just those cheap toys in the Happy Meals!!) After eating lunch, we took a stroll around the mall & did a little shopping. Later that night Michael, Jr. joined us for dinner at Red Robin, Katelyn's other favorite place to eat. And to top off the day our friend Terri Ditlow made Katelyn an adorable Scooby Doo cake and we all sang "Happy Birthday" as she made a wish & blew out her 6 candles!!
This year Katelyn chose to go rollerskating for her friend party. I was very pleased with the birthday package offered by the skating rink. Included in the fee, Katelyn received a brand new pair of white rollerskates-she was SO pleased!! I think all the parents and children who attended the party had a lot of fun! I was grateful to Katelyn's big brother for skating with her-I didn't think skating would do my broken toe any good!!
Katelyn showing off her fancy new skates~
Make a wish~
Ah, a cute new puppy~
Me and my birthday girl~
Katelyn had fun skating with her big brother~
Katelyn & I on her birthday before we headed out to Build-A-Bear~
Scooby Dooby Doo~
I pray all your wishes come true!!
YUM!! Now that's a happy face!
Dear Katelyn-
You make your mama smile each and every day! It was my greatest pleasure to see you smiling on your birthday! I hope you know how special you are!
I love you-mom xxoo
1 comment:
It was a GREAT birthday! We had so much fun. Thanks for allowing our family to share in Katelyn's special day!
Post a Comment