Even though I don't have any pictures to share from our time spent with Jennifer & Anton, we had a great time with them too! One of the coolest things we did with them was to take in "Toy Story 3" at a "Fork-n-Screen" movie theater. In the theater we actually had a waiter and ordered from a restaurant-type menu. The food was brought to us while we watched the movie. It was a lot of fun & I'm sure if that concept comes to Denver, it will catch on like wildfire! We also made our annual visit to "Chuch E. Cheese", visited a fun indoor amusement park, & spent some time at a really fun swimming pool in Shawnee. Thanks, Jen, for everything you did for us this summer-you were my rock!
I was "lucky" enough to experience something new on this year's trip to KC. I BROKE A TOE!! OUCH! Talk about painful. As I was getting Katelyn out of the tub one evening, and walking behind her, she stopped suddenly & I jammed my 4th toe into her heel. We both heard a "snapping" sound and then just excrutiating pain. The next day my dad took me to the ER. After an x-ray, the doctor confirmed that I had in fact broken my toe. So what's the remedy for a broken toe: tape it to another toe and wear a funny shoe for a month. That's it, all they can do. So what's the lesson of this story(beside don't be such a klutz??) If you break a toe, other than your big toe, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT!!! go to the ER. Just tape the darn thing to a toe next to it & suck it up!! Why you might wonder?? Because the $1,000.00 bill you will receive for the ER/doctor services later is NOT worth it!!! Lesson learned!
Katelyn & Grandpa have a special bond~
Katelyn got to experience her first ride in Grandpa's convertible! "Peace-out"!!
Yeah, you're stylin~
We had a great time at the Nelson-Atkin's Museum of Art with Grandpa! Of particular interest to Katelyn was the ancient Egyptian display.
Katelyn insisted that Grandpa strike the pose too!
Grandpa really spoiled us during our visit! Every morning he would make coffee & breakfast for us and we ate out at a different restaurant every night. I admit we really over-indulged, but hey we were on vacation, right!! Grandpa also indulged Katelyn with his attention & the two of them spent a lot of time coloring together!
Beautiful work!!
My dad likes cars. A lot. Really nice cars. So when he retired in May, he bought himself a little retirement gift.
Niccceee...
Congratulations, dad! You worked so hard for over 40 years. You deserve to sit back, relax, and just enjoy the ride...
No comments:
Post a Comment