My 20's were all about going to school, beginning my career, getting married, and my 30's were all about trying to have babies. Almost the second I woke up on Nov. 5th, I felt like I could close the chapter on having babies. I think this was GOD's birthday present to me. Just 1 year ago on Halloween, I went thru my 5th and final IVF cycle. Since I didn't become pregnant, I've spent this last year praying for peace and acceptance. And now I can honestly say that I'm moving forward.
I am more aware now than ever before of the blessings in my life: I am so in love with my daughter, she makes every day beautiful. I look at her each day & I know she is the LORD's greatest gift. I am getting my foot back in my teaching career & that has been exciting and challenging. I have a beautiful home & a hard-working husband. I have loving & supportive parents and extended family. I have my health. And I have the most incredible friends on the planet. Whether you are near or far, each one of you makes my journey easier & happier. I truly feel that none of my friendships were accidents, but pre-ordained. The LORD knew I would need angels here on earth, and HE sent each one of you to me. Whether we've been friends for 20+ years, or a year, or somewhere in between, I want you to know I cherish you & I thank GOD for our friendship every day.
So a couple weeks ago my friend Tera asked me what I was doing on my birthday. And I said, "Oh you know the usual and taking Katelyn to piano lessons, probably going out to dinner-the usual." She asked if I wanted to go to lunch on my birthday, and of course I said "sure." So after I picked Katelyn up from school we headed to her house thinking we'd all ride together to whatever restaurant she'd chosen. SURPRISE!!!! As I walked toward her kitchen, I could see all these balloons with the number 40 (appropriately) on them, and then all of a sudden shouts of "SURPRISE!!!" My friends had planned a surprise party for me-the first surprise party I've ever had!!! I was instantly overcome with emotion. To be honest, I'm still completely overwhelmed. Tera made the most delicious luncheon for all of us. We had such a nice time eating and visiting while the kids played. My friend Terry, who couldn't be at the party, made the most delicious carrot cake ever-her cakes are heavenly! I received wonderful gifts! It was just an amazing afternoon. And it was such a gorgeous day here on my birthday, that after the party ended, we spent the rest of the afternoon visiting at the park while our kids played. It was perfect.
Here are my wonderful friends:
Top Row from left: Me, Tera, Cara & Aubrielle, Christa & Chloe
Bottom Row from left: Melanie, Katie, Jennifer & Shea
(Katelyn took this picture-she did a great job, don't ya think!!!)
Thank you also to a few friends who couldn't make it: Amy, Terry, Treva, & Sarah
Tera actually put 40 candles on the cake!!
I LOVE presents!!!
Later that night, since Terry couldn't make it to the party, she and her family stopped by with more cake!! YUM!
Katelyn helped me blow out the candles.(I bet I know what she wished for!)
Perfect. I had the perfect birthday. In addition to the most amazing surprise birthday party, Mike & Katelyn gave me a beautiful necklace, I loved all the cards I received, I loved the phone calls from Jen, mom, and dad. I loved the e-cards & the comments on my Facebook page. Everyone made me feel so special on my birthday. I am humbled. I am grateful. I am blessed.
Love Always, Shell
1 comment:
And you deserved it! I loved being able to surprise you.
You know, you talk about all of your wonderful friends and how blessed you are to have them. Do you ever think that we feel the same way about you? If you weren't such a wonderful person you wouldn't be able to attract such wonderful friends. Happy Birthday Shell!
Post a Comment