Saturday, November 21, 2009

It started with "Twilight"...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PEEPS!!

Friday, November 20th was the one-year anniversary of our Mom's-Night-Out & it just happened to be the day of the NEW MOON premiere. Not really a coinsidence if you consider we've been planning for this night since we saw "Twilight" a year ago. See "Twilight" started it all...

Last fall after reading the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, my neighborhood friends & I decided to go to the premiere of the "Twilight" movie together. I'm not even sure we were calling it a "Mom's-Night-Out" yet. I think we were still sizing one another up & waiting to see if there'd be chemistry, or if we'd enjoy hanging out together away from our kids. We had all known each other for a while, but it stemmed from meeting at the park with our kids. We didn't REALLY know each other YET. We didn't know then how our friendships would evolve and grow or how close we would all become. But, man, did things ever change. Over the course of the last year and meeting once a month for a MNO, we have become the closest of friends. I didn't know the night of the "Twilight" premiere a year ago that I would feel close enough to these women to share the deepest most private aspects of my life. But I do. We do.

In case you're unaware, I'm a little obsessed with the "Twilight" series, specifically the main male character Edward Cullen. I've been looking forward to the NEW MOON premiere since Tera told me a year ago at the "Twilight" premiere that they were going to make a movie of the 2nd book, NEW MOON. And since my birthday also happens to fall in the same month as the NEW MOON premiere, my friends seized the opportunity to celebrate my 40th birthday(AGAIN, I might add!!). All I can say is I have the best peeps in the world. We had a blast! November 20, 2009 was one of the best nights of my life!

We started the evening with dinner at Red Robin. Christa had to join us a little late since her husband had to work(f-n-e!;-) But we had a good time talking and eating!! After Christa arrived, we headed for the theater to wait. See part of the fun is sitting and waiting with all the teenagers! Although I doubt any of them were nearly as obnoxious as I was while opening my gifts. You see my friends went all out with the NEW MOON gifts. Cara gave me the NEW MOON CD & a life-size poster of my Edward; Tera gave me an Edward Cullen keychain & jewelry box, & some "Sweethearts" candy with who else but my Edward on the box; Christa gave me a red t-shirt that reads: "I Freakin Love Edward Cullen!" (and yes of course I put it on over my other shirt!)& Christa also gave me the Vanity Fair magazine with R. Patt's pictures-HOT!!! We're talkin SMOKIN HOT!!!; and Sarah, clever Sarah, gave me an Edward doll, and a picture of, well, you have to see this for yourself...

~Look closely~

My peeps...

Sarah & Cara

You're the best, Christa!!

YUM!!! (I'm sure the candy's good too!)

My Edward doll!! (I know what you're thinking, Tera!!)

Christa had time to down a Margarita before we headed to the theater-YOU ROCK GIRL!!

Me & Sarah!

The five of us waiting for the theater doors to open!

Me & Tera(she wants me!) HA!

The four of us (before Christa made it to Red Robin!)


You can imagine the excited frenzy when the theater doors finally opened, but you won't believe what my friends did when we were all settled in the last row at the very top of the theater. So there I am waiting for Tera & Christa to come back from the concession stand when Cara spies them and tells Sarah to come with her. When they reach the other two, Tera, VERY loudly asks the oh you know 4-500 other people in the theater for their attention. Which they(we)all give her. She has four children, and believe me you give Tera your attention when she asks for it!!HA! Anyay, she asks if everyone would join her in singing "happy birthday" to her good friend in the last row who is celebrating her 40th birthday! And the entire theater sings to me! I was absolutely blown away!!!!! Tera, you ROCK!!

So, the movie?? Well, I thought NEW MOON was absolutely awesome! Seriously it was SOO good-I can't wait to see it again and again...The biggest surprise of the movie?? UM, JACOB BLACK!! OH, YUM!!! Let's be clear I'm team Edward, right! But OMGosh, Taylor Lautner is HOT in this movie. I mean illegally HOT!!! And the boy(he's only 17!!) can seriously act-he MADE me fall for him!! I was SO impressed by everything in this movie from the acting to the special effects to the music-you name it!!! 10 STARS!!!

But even though the movie was amazing, none of it would have been nearly as good if it weren't for my friends. Cause let's be honest, that's what this is really all about. It's about the bonds we share. The friendships. I am a better person because of these women. They inspire me, encourage me, support me, and love me, and they make me laugh-OMGosh do we laugh!!! I am truly blessed to call them my friends & I am grateful, you'll never know how much. Thanks for the best 40th month-long birthday celebration anyone could ever have!!

After the movie we headed to my house to just relax & spend some time together. We were all on such a high from the movie we didn't want the evening to end! UM we ended up talking until 3 AM~Seriously! We had the best time just talking and hanging out! Sarah spent the night so she didn't have to make the long drive home to Conifer. Sarah & I had coffee together the next, I mean later, that morning!

I'm already counting the minutes until our next Mom's-Night-Out in December. When we can all be together again to share our lives. Happy anniversary peeps-I love you guys!

P.S. Check out my clicker for ECLIPSE!!

2 comments:

Tera said...

"F"in E. You said it best. You and the others have changed my life. I am so blessed to know you all. It was so great to hear so many voices sing you happy birthday. Definately a night to remember. I looooved the movie too and can't wait for our double matinee!

Christa said...

Yeah, "F" in E!!!! I bet I won't be late again :) I can't even tell you how blessed I feel to have our friendships! Shelly, your birthday rocked and you deserved every minute of it! Thank you for letting me be a part of such a wonderful memory to you, you are an incredible peep and I love you!!!