Like ZOINKS, it's Scooby Doo!!
Katelyn had fun at her school party. Both classes participated in the "spook parade" and then went "trick-or-treating" with their own class. Each child was asked to bring in treats for the class. Then the children took turns standing behind the doors to the kitchen, storage room, and the bathrooms and passed out candy when their classmates knocked on the door and said "trick-or-treat". The kids LOVED being in charge of handing out their own treats. In this picture it's Katelyn's turn to hand out candy(except she had a small box of game cards for everyone instead of candy).
After a tasty treat of crackers and cheese(cut in the shapes of ghosts, bats, and pumpkins), Halloween cookies & apple cider, teacher Karen read a spooky story to the kids.
Scooby and mom
Our friends, the Ditlows, invited us to Carbon Valley Academy's Fall Festival. This picture of Mike & Katelyn was taken there. Katelyn had a great time at the festival doing the cake walk(several times, but never won a cake which is a good thing!), playing in a bouncy castle, watching a karate demonstration, and other carnival-type games.
On Halloween morning we starting carving our pumpkin so we could roast the seeds. Katelyn wasn't overally impressed by the taste of the seeds, but Mike & I liked them.
Mike asked Katelyn to tell him what shape to draw the eyes, nose, and mouth for our jack-o-lantern. He followed her directions, but right after he finished Katelyn started to bawl. We asked her what was wrong, and she said she was upset because the jack-o-lantern wasn't scary enough. She was really upset! So I retrieved one of the smaller pumpkins from the front porch so she could draw a scarier face on it. How 'bout that, my 5-YEAR-OLD didn't think something was scary enough?!!
Scooby & the not-scary-enough jack-o-lantern
This was our 3rd year to attend Jen, Treva, & Shea's Halloween party. We look forward to this party every year, it's SO much fun!! In this picture Katelyn(I mean Scooby) is getting ready to take a whack at the pinata!
At the close of the party, the kids went on a parade.
When we returned home from the Copeland's Halloween party, we had leftover chili(I think it was even better the 2nd time around!)and got ready to go trick-or-treating. This year Mike took Katelyn out and I stayed home to hand out the candy. After trick-or-treating, we headed down to the Schneider's for their traditional "donuts & hot cocoa" on Halloween. YUM!! Seriously, I think Tera's donuts put Krispy Kreme to shame!!! It will be hard to wait for next Halloween-maybe we should start a "Donuts on Veteran's Day" tradition!! Happy Halloween everyone~
2 comments:
It was the best Halloween I can remember in a long time. Thanks for sharing it with us! We'll expect you next year!! You missed the home made ice cream we had on the 4th of July. It was really yummy too. I suppose if you choose to spend 4th of July with us next year instead of ditching out on your peeps, we might give you some :)
Katelyn made an adorable scooby and I can't wait until next year to see her werewolf costume!
This Halloween did rock, didn't it?! I'm so glad we have our circle of friends and list of holiday traditions. Because time does fly, next Halloween will be here before we know it!
Post a Comment