Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A bloggable moment!

We have this catch-phrase in the education biz known as "the teachable moment". It's when something comes up during a lesson that wasn't necessarily on the lesson plans, but the teacher takes that opportunity to discuss "whatever came up" anyway. I love when these "teachable moments" ocurr because I think the students often have "a-ha" moments. I know I do. Well, being a mom offers a lot of "teachable moments" too. And now that I have a blog, I've come up with my own catch-phrase: "bloggable moments!"

So yesterday, while I was upstairs cleaning Katelyn's bathroom, (and she was downstairs left to her own devices), she called to me to come see what she had done. What had she done? Well, she'd taken all of the letter/picture stickers from one of her workbooks and plastered them all over herself. It was pretty funny. I think there may have been a time when I would have thought, "oh, what a waste!" and been angry. But not anymore. Now I just seize the "bloggable moment" and reach for my camera! Afterall, they were only stickers, and her smile & laughter means SO much more to me than a bunch of stickers!!

See for yourself!



2 comments:

Tera said...

You are so right about bloggable moments. Love that phrase...I might have to use it. Blogging has made me a better mother, hands down. Because now, I look at each thing my children do in a totally different way and I step back and realize that what I once thought was a big deal isn't really and it is just one more memory in my children's book.

Katie said...

She is so cute! So excited about the moment, too.