As a parent, I am constantly amazed by how much Katelyn has learned in 6 short years. I refer to Katelyn as my little sponge because she is constantly absorbing new information, asking countless questions, making daily observations, putting "it" all together. For me, watching Katelyn learn and grow has been one of the greatest joys of parenthood.
I love to take Katelyn to places where she will learn and expand on her information base. One such place is the Denver Museum of Nature & Science. And it doesn't matter that we've already been numerous times, Katelyn learns new things every time we go. She always has new questions and it seems, even though we've seen the same exhibits over and over, she is learning new information that helps her make sense of her world, history, etc. I think of it like one big puzzle and she's constantly adding one more puzzle piece to make the whole picture. Truly amazes me.
One of Katelyn's favorite exhibits is "Prehistoric Journey":
And we're on this journey together baby!!
On this visit we spent a fair amount of time in the "Children's Discovery Zone". Here Katelyn is learning how to play a West African instrument called the Shakere.
The children had a blast parading around with the various African instruments(that smile says it all!)
Playing the drum~
A lesson on "density":
Sweet Katelyn-thank you for sharing your world with me! You are so smart and I am constantly amazed by your enthusiasm for learning something new!! Never change!
I love you-
Mommy xxoo
2 comments:
Katelyn has a wealth of knowledge well beyond her years. You spend so much time teaching her. Most of us take our kids to the zoo or museum and let them run around and look at things. You always take the time to teach her about those things she sees, you take the time to read the signs they've put about about each exhibit. She probably knows more about those things than most of us adults do. You truly and making her a well rounded little person!
It's been a long time...please, please, please will you post something???
Post a Comment