While the Twilight series is still my favorite when it comes to teenage vampire love stories; I have to say The Vampire Diaries are a close second. And I am beyond obsessed with the the Vampire Diaries t.v. show on the CW!! I have also read "The Immortals" series by Alyson Noel, and am planning to start "The Vampire Academy" series by Richelle Mead-anyone read those yet?? So why teenage vampire love stories? I really don't have a good answer for that one. I've never been interested in vampire stuff before. Anne Rice would scare the you-know-what out of me. It's really not about the vampires at all; it's the love stories that are so compelling to me. The same theme runs in all of the vampire love stories: true love. True love that goes beyond all boundaries and reason. That's what I really love about these books.
Future "Twilighter"!
The clicker says 22 days until the New Moon premiere and I can hardly wait!!! Have you seen the trailors for the movie yet? It looks awesome! So next month on Nov. 20th, my peeps and I will once again be standing in line with a bunch of hormonal teenagers eagerly anticipating the opening of "New Moon". But more than that, Nov. 20th will mark the 1-year anniversary of our Moms-Night-Out. Our little mom's night out group has shared so much over the past year. We have grown so close in our friendships. We have come to rely on each other, trust one another, confide in each other. We have shared birthdays, holidays, trips to the park, zoo, museums, you name it, we've probably done it. These women have become permanent fixtures in my life, and I cherish my friendships with each one of them. I had to live here (in Colorado) 10 years before these amazing women came into my life, and if it took some teenage vampire books to bring them to me, then so be it. This one's for my peeps~I love you all.
SO why teenage vampires in love? Well, why not???
5 comments:
Thanks for the names of some other good series. Will they scare me, Shelly???
I ran out of hands to put up!
I too am really looking forward to seeing New Moon, although, I doubt it is as much as you are looking forward to it.
Most of all though, I am looking forward to going out with my girls and New Moon wouldn't be nearly as fun and exciting without you all. I call dibs on getting to sit next to you. It's tradition. And you all know how I feel about tradition. Don't mess with tradition.
Oh, I was wondering if you got that special edition- so glad to see you have. I have my hands up also and I am looking so forward to our outing! It does look really good. I wonder if we will be the first in line...hmmmm. Can't wait to celebrate with all the peeps as well, you all are the best!!! Edward beware, Shelly is coming to get you!!!
Shelly, this is your best post. Why teenage vampires in love? Well, why not? Love it!
I also cannot wait until the premiere of "New Moon". And since you have two sides, and Tera has called for one, I call the other side of you to sit on!
I look forward to reading all those other vampire books, too.
Umm, Cara? You may have to fight Sarah for that other side. She already called it and you know how we are about tradition!
Post a Comment