Michael was nothing like I had imagined he would be. He was warm and kind, open, funny, and gregarious. Shortly after his arrival, he made his way to Katelyn and introduced himself to her as her big brother & the two of them were nearly inseparable for the rest of the day. Michael embraced me numerous times as well. While beside the gravesite, I went to Michael to offer comfort and he embraced me. I whispered to him that his grandmother loved him, asked about him every time we saw her, and that it was her wish to have him and his father reunited. He said to me, "Well, she got it!"
Shane, Mike's oldest son, & Gina, Shane's wife, also attended the funeral. Mike and Shane also recently reconciled after working together 4 years ago ended badly. It was wonderful to be with them again. I have so many wonderful memories of the time we shared together & now I have many more memories to look forward to. Again, Katelyn was surprised to learn she has another big brother and big sister. Gina also shared with me that she and Shane are trying to get pregnant. Soon we may have another grandchild to love. The Lord works in mysterious ways, but one way or another, HE does answer our prayers.
Right now I am feeling so full of hope. I'm looking forward to big holiday gatherings and backyard barbecues with all of our family around us. I'm excited for Katelyn to know her older siblings. To share birthdays together. To hold grandbabies. My cup runneth over! You know at nearly 40, I'm not so very wise, but I have learned a few things about life: first when you love someone, you should tell them to their face and often; second when you hurt someone, you should say your sorry; and the third? Well, it's never too late to do the first or second until it is TOO late. Omnia vincit amor, nos et cedamus amori.
Now I'd like to introduce you to our family!
from left to right
Katelyn, age 5
Michael Jr., 29
me
Shelbey, 23
Sean, 14 months
Gina, 32
Mike
Shane, 32
Dad, Michael, Katelyn
Shane & Gina (married 8 years)
Mike's brother Scott, wife Terry, and daughter Danielle & their little adoptee!
Grandson Sean
1 comment:
I can feel your excitement! What a wonderful reunion!
Post a Comment