Gregg & Katelyn
Picking basil
Now that's a ZUCCINI!!
Anna & Katelyn
We spent an incredible Sunday afternoon with our "more like family" friends Gregg & Anna Helser. The Helser's home is situated on a 1/3 acre lot & their backyard is a virtual paradise complete with: a large hammock, hot tub, covered patio dining area, beautiful flower gardens(Anna is a master gardener), several mature trees that provide so much shade, and least but certainly not least a vegetable/herb/fruit/flower organic garden that is 3500 sq ft.! That's BIG people!!! Oh my goodness! Anna has zuccini, corn, beans, basil, strawberries, tomatoes, eggplant, broccoli, cucumbers, rhubarb, snow peas, bell peppers, and the list goes on. Katelyn had a ball helping her cut some of the ripe veggies! What a great time for my city kid. Anna comes from a country upbringing & maybe you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl! Right!!
Anna also prepared the most delicious (and healthy!) lunch for us. We had broccoli from her garden-is it just me or do veggies straight from the garden taste SO much better? We had Jack Daniels flavored brisket(from COSCO, I am SO joining that place, it was beyond delicious), homemade(OF COURSE!)mashed potatoes, corn-on-the-cob grilled, sliced tomatoes with basil, and bread. Is your mouth watering yet?? For dessert we had peaches over vanilla ice cream & homemade Snickerdoodles! Oh & guess what? I learned how to blanch a peach: 1st you cut a cross on the bottom of the peach, then you boil the peach for 18-20 seconds, then you submerse the peach in cold water right away. The skin just peels off effortlessly & you don't lose any of the peach! I'm telling you I was impressed. I will never try to peel a peach with a knife again!!
We also had a wonderful relaxing soak in their hot tub; although Katie & Gregg had quite the water fight! Katie played croquet, blew bubbles, and scampered about the vast yard. I don't think a kid could have any better a time!! Nor the adults! It was an amazing day!
Anna & Gregg~we are so blessed by our friendships with you both! Thanks for a truly memorable day, we love you guys!
1 comment:
This day sounds perfect, just what the doctor ordered. JP's grandma's house was just like this and we used to love going there. It was always so peaceful and had so much room for the kids to run around in. I sure miss it.
Post a Comment