We're VERY proud of you professor!
Looking quite official behind Anna's desk!
Last week Katelyn & I visited Anna at her new place of employment: Front Range Community College. Anna will begin the new semester as an Associate Professor in the Nursing School & we are VERY proud of her! Anna took us on a tour of the campus and we spent a lot of time at the campus library. I am SO excited!! Katelyn and I have a new library to visit now. I always thought that since the college & library were in Westminster we wouldn't be able to apply for a library card. But that's not the case at all. A CO drivers license is the only requirement since the college is a state-sponsored institution. WOO-HOO!
The children's section of the library at Front Range far surpasses the smaller libraries we have close to where we live. They have a wonderful selection of books(all levels), media, computers, and a fantastic schedule of children's programs, all free of course. There is also a storytime on Thursday afternoons that we can attend since Katelyn is 1/2-day Kindergarten. Going to the library has always been a part of our weekly routine since Katelyn was a baby. I love that we can continue that tradition throughout the next school year. I also appreciate the fact that we won't be limited on the number of items we can check out just because we live in a different town. We can check out 30 items in a single day and have as many as 100 items checked out at any time. It feels good to be treated equally!!
We also spent some time in Anna's office. Anna has worked hard to get everything ready and organized for herself & her students. Her office was as I would expect: warm & inviting! She even had a surprise for Katelyn in her bottom filing cabinet drawer: a Color Wonder book! We'll be visiting again!!!
After our tour, we went out for a wonderful lunch together at Sweet Tomatoes. YUM!! It was a wonderful afternoon!
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun day. I totally agree that it isn't fair to be only able to check out 10 books at a time. What a crock.
Glad to hear you had a fun day. It's wonderful that your love of books and libraries has been passed on to your daughter. You are a fantastic mom, Shell.
Post a Comment