Katelyn had her 5-year-old check-up today. OUCH! She got 3 different shots~the picture above shows her owies on one leg, she has another boo-boo on the other leg. Poor kid! I didn't tell her she was getting shots before we left for the appointment. I didn't think I'd get her in the car if I told her beforehand! Mike met us at her doctor's office because I insisted I wasn't doing this alone. I mean come on, the nurse always asks me to help hold Katelyn down, so I figured Mike could get a taste of that dirty job too! Anyway, the appointment went very well overall: she's healthy, growing, smart, and ready for Kindergarten in the fall. Good news! Then the nurse comes in with her little tray of fun. Katie starts to get very anxious, but we explain to her that these shots contain immunizations which will prevent her from getting really bad illnesses. We tell her how proud of her we are, she's so brave! She gets the shots and she cries. Man that IS SO HARD!!! We feel so bad, but not as bad as we'd feel if we didn't take her to get immunized and she got some horrible disease.
On the way home she spots a sign for a Dairy Queen, and says to me, "Anyone who just got 3 shots deserves some ice cream!" I laugh and say to her, "You are absolutely right!!" So we stop for some ice cream. Afterall ice cream(CHOCOLATE!)makes everything a little better, right!! When I'm done with my cone, I tell her what a good idea that was and how yummy my ice cream was. She says to me,"It was my pleasure to think of it!!" What a ham!
1 comment:
She is right! If I just got three shots (or had a horrible day or my kids were rude to me all day or cleaned all day...) I'd deserve an ice cream too! Smart girl!
Post a Comment