Thursday, July 2, 2009

Our Little Skater!






Today Katelyn went rollerskating for the first time! WOW~she's a natural!! She had such a great time! We met our friends, Jennifer & her daughter Shea, & Pauline, Jennifer's mom, at Skate City for the "Pixie" skate time. Jennifer's niece, Jessica, and her daughter Ashlynn joined in the fun too. Ashlynn's been skating since she was 3 & is just amazing. The "Pixie" program is every Thursday for 2-6 year olds from 10-11:30. I was so impressed with the instructors-they were just wonderful with the little kids. They did the Hokie Pokie and the Limbo, and most of the music was geared toward the younger crowd as well. After an hour, the kids had a snack and a drink. Today they received a special ice cream snack to commemorate the 4th of July. Also, all the kids who wore red, white, and blue received a special goodie bag prize!! All this for $4.50!!!

You may be wondering if I dawned a pair of skates too, and that would be a big um NO!! I haven't been to a rollerskating rink since 1982. Oh and get this~I was telling Jennifer & Jessica that I hadn't been rollerskating since probably 1982, and Jennifer turns to Jessica and says, "Hey Jess, isn't that the year you were born!!" THANKS JEN! Talk about feeling your age!HA!

By the time we left, Katelyn was hot and sweaty-she must have had a great work out!! It's hard work keeping your balance! We all had lunch at Wendy's to finish up our morning together! What a wonderful time! We'll definitely be doing this again!

1 comment:

Tera said...

This looks like so much fun. I wish we could have come. Maybe we will try next time!