Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My girl can swim!!






Is there anything better to a kid than the hotel swimming pool?? I don't think so! On our trip to NE this time we stayed at a different hotel than usual. I have to say what a pleasure! Even though the Hampton Inn in Scottsbluff is a bit pricier than the other choices, it was such a better experience and SO worth the money!! Sometimes you really do get what you pay for!!

Usually I cringe at the thought of staying in hotels-the rooms are never clean enough for me. The beds are always uncomfortable. I don't even want to talk about the grimy carpets! But the Hampton Inn, the newest hotel in town, was really nice! The room was clean enough, the bed wasn't too bad, and the full breakfast bar was awesome! But like I said if you ask Katie what the best part was, she'd say the swimming pool!!!

Every evening after a long day, it was so refreshing for all of us to go for a swim! Katelyn has been taking private swim lessons this summer and she's doing really well. At the hotel pool, she even took a few strokes on her own without anyone holding her!! YEA!! She is getting much more comfortable in the water and seems to have the basic idea of how to swim! To Mike and I learning to swim isn't optional, but absolutely necessary! It's a life skill like any other! And of course momma had to take some pictures of her little swimmer! Man I love my new digital camera!

1 comment:

Tera said...

I agree that swimming is just as essential for a child to learn as tying their shoes. They need to know how to save themselves if they ever needed too. And, just for fun, swimming is great on such a hot day. I could use a pool right about now.