Thursday, March 19, 2009

WELCOME SPRING!!

Tomorrow is the first day of spring, and while fall is by far my favorite season, spring is definitely a close 2nd. We have the most beautiful tree in our front yard, a flowering crabapple, I think. Little green buds are appearing all over that tree now, and in about another week we'll have beautiful white blossoms. I just pray we don't get another early spring snowstorm like last year, so we can enjoy that tree for a long time! I can tell Mike is gearing up to begin yardwork. Every year he is determined to have the greenest grass in the neighborhood. He's obsessed, really. But we all have our little issues, now don't we?!! For me it's list-making and vacumm lines!HA! Each year we try to add more flowers, bushes, and trees. I wonder what Mike is planning to add this year? Katelyn loves to plant flowers with her dad, it's become an annual tradition for them. Plus, I love being able to send her outside with him on Saturdays to help him with the yardwork. Then I get to do my housework in peace!

It's going to be 74 degrees here tomorrow, so of course Katelyn and I are heading to the zoo! Shelbey and Sean are going to meet us there. Katelyn has missed them since they moved out. I think Katelyn views Sean like a baby brother, she doesn't understand that Sean is technically her nephew. We haven't even gone there!!! I'm anxious to see the little guy too, it's fun to have a baby in the family again. Mike bought me a special cable and gave me a lesson on the digital camera, so it's my intent to post a picture from our zoo trip. We'll see! ig!

There's so much to love about spring, but especially the weather! We spend a lot more time outside in the spring. I love to sit on our back patio while Katelyn plays on her playcenter. We have the most beautiful view of the mountains from our backyard-talk about counting your blessings!! And while I love the sunny days, I love the rainy ones just as much, perfect reading weather!! Plus the rain makes everything green and colorful again. I'm tired of the bare winter landscape!

The birds are gearing up for spring too. We have a Meadowlark building a nest on our roof and I love to listen to her sing every morning while I'm getting ready. Katelyn does too. She'll say, "there goes that Meadowlark again!" I have to say while I welcome the birds, I don't enjoy listening to the coyotes that are prowling in the early morning hours again, they are so loud! And GOD help me, but I hate the snakes and the mice!!! But like everything else, I'll take a little bad with a lot of good!!

Other things I look forward to in the spring:

-SPRING CLEANING! I can't wait to get my windows washed and my carpets cleaned!
-GRILLING! Time to fire that puppy up and have some steaks and brats!!
-VACATION! Disney World here we come!!
-OUTDOOR FUN! More time at the parks, swimming, t-ball, walks, biking, mountains, etc....
-COMMUNITY EVENTS! Progressive supper and garage sale(I'll be ready this year!)
-FRIENDS! More time to get together and let the kids play!
-EASTER and Easter activities!
-MOTHER'S DAY!-I'm just so grateful to be a mommy!
-OPENED WINDOWS! I love the fresh air!!!

WELCOME SPRING!!

2 comments:

Tera said...

Oh man, I echo each and every one of your thoughts. I love spring too, it's my absolute favorite. I was laying on a blanket at the park yesterday afternoon, reading my book while the kids played. I stopped reading suddenly because the birds were soooo loud. I just sat, stared, listened and enjoyed. I told JP to stop and listen, because the birds were back. It was beautiful. The birds are so much louder here than they ever were in California. Spring is wonderful. Rebirth. The grass greens up (and Mike will have to try to compete with JP for the greenest lawn because he is obsessed with his yards too!), I love watching flowers and trees rebloom. I love sitting at the park and watching my children play, and those wonderful moments of laying on a blanket and reading outside while they play are the best ever. Aaaahhhh yes. Spring! Welcome back!

Cara said...

Spring is my favorite time of year here in Colorado. It's just beautiful here. When the sun is shining and the snow is melting on the mountains, the flowers and trees are blooming, etc, is there any denying the presence of God? It's breathtaking. I am so grateful to live here instead of the Mojave Desert in California!