Thursday, March 26, 2009

"Snow Day's Great..."

Sung to Frere Jacques: "Snow day's great, snow day's great, I love snow, I love snow"...not bad for a four-year-old, huh! Katelyn made this song up this morning when we discovered that she would have her first ever snow day! Man, was she excited! She loves preschool, so I was actually surprised she wasn't disappointed that school was cancelled today.

Right. It's springtime in Denver, so of course we're getting our first significant snowstorm of the year. They are forcasting blizzard conditions until 6 am tomorrow morning with 12-16 inches of snow possible where we live. 30-45 mph winds. All I can say is thank GOD for snowblowers!!

You know who loves snow days more than your child? Right, their teacher. I did the majority of my teaching in Kansas and Missouri. We had snow days every year, it was a given. I cherished my snow days. A free day off, are you kidding me!!! Snow days aren't as common in Denver where we live. It just about takes a blizzard to get a snow day here. And while we need the moisture desperately, I have to say I'm still disappointed. I'm worried about my trees that were just starting to get their buds. I'm just one of those people who likes the appropriate weather to go with the corresponding season. Plus this is so much snow and such adverse conditions, we can't really go outside and play in it! So now we're stuck inside for two days!
Good times!!!

2 comments:

Tera said...

Well,I always have mixed emotions when the kids have a day off of school. On the one hand they entertain each other and Brynna is much happier because she has someone to play with, on the other hand, there is someone to fight with and sooo much more noise in the house. This is only the 2nd time school has been cancelled in the 4 years Lauren has been going. I wouldn't mind so much if I wasn't trying to leave town tomorrow! Go figure! Also, if the wind wasn't blowing so much, maybe my kids would actually be able to go out in their new snow clothes and use their tubes (all of which they got for Christmas and haven't been able to use yet due to lack of snow). But hey, it will make the grass greener, maybe?

Cara said...

Wish we had a snow blower. Just don't want to store it 300+ days of the year!