Katelyn is my joy! She's the answer to many years of prayers; GOD truly blessed us when HE brought her into our lives.
Katelyn is 4 1/2 and in her 2nd year of preschool at a wonderful Montessori school. She is very bright, reads at a 1st grade level, and loves math(she did NOT get that from me!!!). She is on a constant quest for knowledge. She loves to read books, go to museums, the aqaurium, anything where she can further her learning (her 'teacher-mom' couldn't be more pleased!!!).
Katelyn is very social and has lots of friends! She has remarkable friend-radar and no matter where we go, if there's a child her age in the vicinty, she will ask them to be her friend. I love that about her!
Katelyn has a wonderful imagination! I love to listen to her play, usually with her stuffed animals as her companions. She likes to re-enact scenes from one of her favorite shows, the Backyardigans. She does all the voices, it's amazing! Katelyn loves to dress up! She pretends to be a pirate(the theme for her 4-year-old birthday party), a cowgirl, doctor, princess, firegirl, etc...If she wants to be a bumblebee, she'll make a costume from construction paper(with my help).
Katelyn is compassionate and loving, she showers us with hugs and kisses every day. Is there anything better? I don't think so. I have learned so much about life and about myself since I became her mother. I'm sure I accomplished things before I had her, but nothing compares to the pride I feel in parenting her. In my view there is no job more challenging, rewarding, or satisfying than mothering!.
Katelyn asks me a hundred questions a day, ie. "what's bigger than a shark, are violet and lavendar the same, how did the dinosuars die" etc., so I decided to turn the tables on her and interview her for a change:
"Katelyn, what's you favorite..."
color- blue
song- Bah, Bah, Black Sheep
book- the chocolate chip cookie mouse book (If You Give a Mouse a Cookie)
number- 11
movie- 101 Dalmations
animal- unicorn
sport- soccerball
season- spring
t.v show- the Backyardigans, Scooby Doo, and Little Bear
holiday- Halloween
dessert- brownies and/or ice cream
dinosaur- stegosaurus
food- basghetti, chicken & fries, or cheese pizza
restaurant- Gunther Toodys
place to visit- the zoo
outdoor activity- plant flowers, ride my big wheel, play at the park
indoor activity- read books, play with daddy, play with my toys, go on the computer
fruit- blueberries or cherries
vegetable- pumpkin
-and finally-
What do you want to be when you grow up? A police girl or a pet doctor!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I loved being able to get to know Katelyn better. She is such a sweet girl and I am so glad that you have her (and she has you too!). I'd love to hear more about your journey in infertility and how Katelyn came to be!
You are blessed to be Katelyn's mom, that's indisputable. But moreso, she is blessed to be your daughter. We all should have moms who absolutely adore us. It's too bad we don't.
Ha, Ha! I love the links on the side of your blog. I was looking through them and came upon the ticker for New Moon. I busted up laughing. You are so funny Shelly. ILY
Post a Comment