Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'd like to register a formal complaint

What is it with men when they're sick? We all have colds, but you'd think Mike had the Plague! Honest to GOD the man hasn't moved a muscle all day! How is it when Mike's sick, he can afford to sit on his ___ all day or lay in bed watching t.v., but when I'm sick my daily responsibilities must resume as normal? It doesn't matter if it's a cold or the flu, I still manage to make 3 meals & snacks, do at least 2 loads of laundry, bathe my daughter, read to her, play with her, pay the bills, etc... All of it, I might add, without one sympathetic comment from my spouse. However, when he's sick, you'd think the whole world stopped spinning!! There's moaning and groaning, and whimpering, and "do you think I have a fever?". Blah, blah, blah!!! He wants me to say, "oh you poor baby!" PALEEZE!!! The man's 56, for goodness sake! My 4 year old has been coughing and sniffling all day and not once has she complained. Not once. Oh thank GOD tomorrow's a work day, I can't wait to shove his sniffling ____ out the door!

3 comments:

Tera said...

Amen sister! Oh I totally get this. I hear every day about how bad his knees hurt...but do you think they hurt enough for him to see a doctor? No, just enough to make me want to break them for him. But, it's definitely not reciprocated. Let's not forget the time I was having an appendicitis and he told me to stop complaining and take some pepto. Or the time when Lauren was 15 mos old and I had my 5 yr old niece living with me. I'd just come home from the hospital with staples in my stomach from a surgery to remove a tubal pregnancy. The first night home (3 days post op) I got the stomach flu. Try throwing up and having diarrhea after just having had surgery. He went to work anyway. 3 days after surgery! Me sick, a 15 month old and 5 yr old. Big jerk. But man, his knees sure hurt!

Tera said...

Oh, by the way! Good luck with Mike! Was the day better with him back at work! Didn't mean to get off on a tangent, but oh, this topic just lights my fire!

Cara said...

Shelly, you crack me up! I feel your pain. When Richard is sick (thank goodness it doesn't happen often) he goes to bed and we pretend he is not here. But does he take any medicine or do well to take better care of himself next time? The man won't take vitamins, exercise regularly, get more sleep, stop eating junk at night, etc. What can I do? He's an adult who makes his own decisions, and even when they aren't good ones, I have to accept them. When Richard has taken a sick day I'm always glad when he goes back to work, too.