Thursday, March 12, 2009

Count your blessings!

When Mike & I decided to make a move four years ago, we did a lot of house & neighborhood research. There were many reasons why we chose to build this house in this neighborhood. Namely: floorplan, location, price, and amenities. Especially the ammenities. Fast forward 3 years and one crappy economy later. Suffice it to say we have none of the promised ammenitites(pool and rec center, larger park with walking trails, 80 homes instead of 2700, a permanent school, etc.) But it's not what we don't have that's become the focus, but what we do have! We have the most wonderful neighbors and friends! I've never been a part of anything like it before. We spend so much time together, it's like family: adult parties, block parties, kid's birthdays, countless hours at the small park we do have, trips to the zoo, pool, museums, library, etc., mom's-night-out(future blog), monthly book club(future blog), holidays, etc. We're all friends, our kid's are friends, it's just about as "Leave it to Beaver" as it gets(except mom's-night-out:)LOL!!. We make meals for each other in a time of need, doesn't matter if the people are our best buds or not. We watch each other's kids when needed, it's all in the true spirit of community. I have made some wonderful friends, my peeps! We share our joys, our sorrows, our worries, our day-to-day stuff. I feel so blessed-Yeah, we don't have a pool, but I wouldn't trade our little community for anything!

1 comment:

Tera said...

I echo your sentiments. Every now and then I think about moving out of state, and then I remember all that I would have to leave behind. It's not worth it!