Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cheap Therapy

I LOVE this blog! I really do. I was never any good at journaling, but I love typing my thoughts and feelings, editing as I go. I keep a list by the computer of topics I want to talk about. I'm doing this for myself and Katelyn, but it is nice to get feedback. Thank you, Tera, for always commenting on every post-I feel so connected to you. And thanks to everyone else who has posted a comment. I think sharing our blogs is one of the reasons why I like blogging so much. It feels good to connect and relate to other women, friends, mothers, wives. Finding out things you may not have known about someone. Sharing memories, problems, joys & sorrows, and hopefully a good laugh too. This blog has become a part of my daily ritual as much as taking care of my daughter, doing the laundry, unloading the dishwasher, making dinner, feeding the cat. Every day presents itself with new topics I want to blog about. I love that someday my daughter will read this and realize her mother was a real person with feelings and opinions, hopes, dreams, and disappointments. Hopefully she'll read something I write that she can relate to. That she will be encouraged to open up to me, to know that she can trust me. That I'm safe. That I love her unconditionally. I may not always agree with her choices, but she can tell me anything and together we will work out a solution. I didn't always have that growing up, but I am determined that she will. It justs feels so good to express my thoughts. I don't need to pay a therapist to sit and nod and say, "Uh-huh, uh-huh, and how did that make you feel?" (Not that I'm bucking therapy, I've had my share.) Blogging is such a stress-reliever! I just get it all out, whatever "it" is and then I move on. Cheap therapy!

2 comments:

Tera said...

Oh you know I totally agree with this. I am so glad you are having so much fun blogging. It is something I truly enjoy and I love being able to express myself. I also love (like you said) getting to know things about others you may not otherwise have found out about. Had so much fun at MNOP tonight. It was a blast. I can always count on a good laugh when I'm with you! Peep out!

Cara said...

I, too, am enjoying blogging and reading the blogs of my friends. I agree that it is cheap therapy. Sometimes it is so helpful to write (type) down my feelings and purge them. Most of the time I feel so much better once I have taken the time to do it. And, hey, if it also helps the person who reads it, that's a bonus.

Had a great time with you last night. You are a goddess...You know you are!