Denver has a wonderful zoo and we've been zoo members since Katelyn was a baby. A zoo membership is the gift that keeps on giving all year long, so thanks Mike!!Katelyn and I go to the zoo at least once a month, sometimes more. We have nice days in Denver all year round, including in the winter months. On nice days when there's nothing on the agenda, I love to say to Katelyn, "Hey, how 'bout a trip to the zoo?" She's ALWAYS excited. Afterall, no 2 trips to the zoo are ever the same! My favorite time to arrive is at lunchtime so we can pick up lunch, or pack a lunch, and eat when we arrive. I also like noontime because a lot of the early risers are leaving then, and I get a great parking space every time! Today we met my stepdaughter, Shelbey, and her 1-year-old son, Sean, at the zoo for an afternoon of fun!
Shelbey and Sean were living with us for a while about 3 months or so ago. I've missed having the baby around all the time! He's such a cutie! But it's good that Shelbey is back on her feet too. Shelbey will turn 23 on July 30(one day after Katelyn turns 5(WHEW!-that was close!!)Katelyn knows that Shelbey is her big sister, but there is such a big age difference that she really thinks of Shelbey more like an "aunt". Katelyn also doesn't understand that she is technically Sean's aunt, but refers to herself as his big sister! I think that's pretty cool!
We had a beautiful day to tour the zoo today. Not too warm (about 78) and a light breeze all day. Plus there's a lot of shade at the Denver Zoo, so that makes it nice too. I thought I'd post a few of the pictures from today so you can see my beautiful stepdaughter and her adorable son. Of course I had to post a few of my baby too! Oh, and by-the-way, you can call me Nana Shelly, not grandma! But feel free to call Mike Grandpa Mike anytime!!;)
2 comments:
Love the zoo! Glad you had a nice day and that the weather cooperated for you. What's Katelyn's favorite animal?
We love the zoo, too. I wish we had a membership, though. Maybe this summer we win invest in one.
Sean is adorable! I'll bet you miss him and the cute sounds he makes, now that he's not living with you anymore.
What are Katelyn's favorite animal exhibits? Or does she love them all?
Post a Comment