GO ROCKIES!!! Today we were invited by our friends, the Ditlows, to attend a Colorado Rockies game. What a fun way to celebrate Father's Day! I've lived in CO now for 11 years and this was my first time to a Rockies game! And since Katelyn started T-Ball this summer, I had going to a game on my list of things to do this summer. We had SO MUCH FUN!!! I can definitely say we will be going again and again!! Of course I'm sure it helped that we had a beautiful day and great seats; or how about the fact that they were giving away free ball caps; or the half a hotdog I ate(gotta stick to my WW, but there's nothing like a stadium dog!). But the enthusiasm of the crowd is what really excited me! I loved the music, chanting, yelling, clapping, heckling, all of it. When something great happened, everyone bounded to their feet yelling and jumping up and down, high-fiving people around them.
Today's game was against the Pittsburgh Pirates. I always thought baseball was kind of boring to watch, but it's not when you're in the stadium! I think Katelyn had a great time too. She picked up on some of the chanting and would yell out too. Happy Father's Day, Mike~hope you had a great time! Oh and by the way we beat the Pirates 5-4! WOO-HOO!!!
2 comments:
What a priceless gift to take Katelyn to her first baseball game on Father's Day!
The pictures of Katelyn and her Daddy are priceless. Can you capture and bottle such a special moment any better! Boy does she have her daddy wrapped around her little finger!
It is amazing all that is going on at the game. They are definitely lots more fun in person than on TV-- unless you are really interested in all the technical stuff going on! Cute pictures.
Post a Comment