This afternoon we took Katelyn to the BNC(Ballet Nouveau Colorado) production of The Nutcracker Ballet. One word: WOW! What an amazing performance. Katelyn used to take ballet at BNC, but quit after deciding the tights were too itchy. She liked everything else about ballet, but just couldn't deal with the itchy tights!!(Unfortunately tights are part of the required uniform, so we couldn't do anything about that!HA!) Anyway, today's performance far exceeded my expectations and Katelyn was truly mesmerized. I was particularly impressed with the elaborate sets, beautiful music, and gorgeous costumes. I haven't been to a lot of ballet in my 40 years, maybe 3 productions total, but the quality of the dancing today was really top notch!! The BNC ballet company consists of both students and professional ballerinas/dancers. Katelyn loved seeing other children in the ballet-many very close to her age.
After the ballet, the director of the school came on stage and allowed the children from the audience to ask questions. Then all of the children were invited on stage where they were taught a short ballet from the Nutcracker. After practicing a few times, the children performed their ballet for all of us. Katelyn loved being on stage. Afterwards, she twirled all the way to the car!
Katelyn: From the moment I found out I was pregnant, I started planning all of the wonderful experiences I wanted to share with you throughout your childhood. I am SO excited that you're old enough to go to the theatre with me and really enjoy yourself. I love going on special outings like this one with you. I love watching your face light up, delighted. I love watching you experience something new for the first time. I love being your mom. Merry Christmas Sweetheart.

On stage learning a dance


Taking a bow!

2 comments:
Katelyn (and you too) is so blessed to be able to have so many wonderful and enriching experiences. I love her Christmas dress, it is beautiful. I bet you were almost in tears watching her perform on the stage!
How fun!
Post a Comment